How to make a blog website you ask?
Well, that is a very interesting subject because it comes with so many moving parts when it comes down to it.
I remember wondering the same thing a long time ago and it can seriously have you all over the place since there are so many options to choose from.
The platforms are endless and there are so many avenues to style and promote these blogs that you choose to create.
Well, I would like to take the opportunity to make things a lot easier for you from my personal experiences.
How about we just dive right into it…
What Exactly Is A Blog?
Regardless of what is said, I consider a blog a website these days and please allow me to tell you why I feel this way.
There was a time when you would create something as a journal and that would be it and online that would be considered a blog. You would speak what is on your mind like a diary and let it all out for the world to read.
Now we have social media outlets like Facebook and Instagram where you can talk about your life. Blogs went from personal thoughts to “this is how I live.”
Things are not exactly the same way anymore because of this and I need for you to understand the differences when it comes to how blogs work these days. It went from just a person typing their feelings to full blown websites.
Social media is your diary so to speak and now we use them to get traffic to our websites.
A blog is used more so for giving advice and you do have opportunities to monetize upon that at times. That is a completely different subject and you will learn that with time but let us stick to the topic at hand.
Please follow me as I continue…
How To Make A Blog Website
Alright, by this time I am sure you get the gist of it so let’s cover some things.
Here is the list of things you will need to actually create a blog…
- Domain Name
- A Logo
- A Quality Theme
It really is as simple as that to get started honestly.
I would like to give you suggestions on how to accomplish this and please keep in mind that I am speaking on this from personal experience.
So, let’s get to it….
I love NameCheap for domain names because they provide protection as far as how your information is handled as far as WHOIS goes and they have very few upsells.
I am not saying that upsells are bad but they can get annoying at times and t would prefer to have a consistent price for as long as I use a service.
NameCheap accomplishes both.
BlueHost is my preferred hosting platform and has not failed me yet plus their customer service is amazing.
Not only that, they are very affordable which is always a great thing and they have great promotions all of the time.
I honestly network on Fiverr for my logos and sometimes other graphics. They are very cost friendly and have plenty of individuals that are easy to work with.
Most of the time you could, LITERALLY, spend less than 10 dollars for really great work so it helps your wallet a lot.
WordPress is free and most web hosts include it as an easy way to install in a 1 click way most of the time. This is also why I recommend BlueHost because they are one of those types of hosts.
They have an interface that is easy to work with especially if you are new to blogging as some people may see technology as having a learning curve so this helps tremendously!!!
As far as Themes go, I really love ThemeForest for WordPress themes. They have so many to choose from and I usually choose mine by reading reviews from prior users.
They are very affordable and it will instantly have your new blog looking great
I will cover how to be successful when learning how to build a blog website later on in this post, but for now, let’s talk free
Is Free Really Worth It?
Who doesn’t love something that is free, right? We have people live and die by the coupon. But….
How about I make a quick rant about this subject if you don’t mind.
Free is great at times but it takes money to make money and please don’t leave this post before I explain myself…
Are you still there?
Cool, here are 3 points I would like to make about free…
- You are usually limited to the things you can do because the item is limited to force a buy out of you anyway
- You will usually not be able to monetize anything that you create because they usually want a cut of the profits
- You get what you pay for. Your blog will end up looking very amateur like and that is a turn off to your readers
Okay, I am done with my rant.
I just want you to understand that investing in yourself is the best thing you could do if you would like to succeed in the fastest way possible with no regrets.
I started out using free things but it would NEVER translate into any type of success from my personal experience because of what I stated above.
If you have found a way, help us all out by leaving a comment below but for now, let’s get to some more interesting things.
How To Make Your Blog Website Successful
This is the area that many people would like the answers to.
When someone puts their all into something, the end result is the ultimate motivator but what is very important to know is understanding exactly what you are chasing.
Do you want to express yourself, making a living from your project(s) or accomplish both?
There are a few things I think that you should keep in mind that could help you go a long way if you are willing to have open ears to them.
- Find a niche that you would actually like to write things about. There is no better way to burn yourself out than to have yourself covering a topic that you are into for just the money. Use your passion for things to your advantage. If you are focused on something that you enjoy, it really would not be hard for you to write about it.
- You have to understand that writing is going to be done A LOT. I mean making a page or post at least 3 times per week and sticking to the routine you come up with. If you want to be successful, you have to understand this fact because, otherwise, you will fall short before you will see any kind of success.
- Last but not least, you have to understand that you have to be in it for the long haul. Success rarely comes overnight and if you expect that to happen to you, I would suggest you play the Lottery instead. You would need to be patient and understand that 6 months to a year is where you will start gaining traction but this is an area where you work hard in the beginning and those 40 hour weeks will turn into 20 and then less than that if you would like it to. You have to have a solid foundation first though and that does take time so please get that in your head.
Easy come easy go remember…
Wrapping Things Up
Whether you are learning how to make a blog website for the money and/or the passion, it is very important that you remain happy. You only have one life to live so make sure you spend it smiling from ear to ear at all times.
Thanks so much for reading and if you have any advice for others or would like to ask any questions, please leave a comment below.
Cheers to your future success!!!